Just now, while opening up my computer to write this post, I quickly realized that I am working from home in sweats. I’m actually recovering from an acute case of food poisoning. Fun times. I’m not even back on solid foods, yet. But while in the same sweats I wore to the urgent care doctor yesterday, I just had to write about the notion of working from home in sweats.
It’s practically impossible to see New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on TV or in person without reacting to his obvious obesity, isn’t it? At the same time, do you feel that your opinion about Governor Christie’s weight affects your perception of the job he does as governor?
A recent Wall Street Journal article, “Want to be CEO? What’s Your BMI [Body Mass Index]?” got me thinking about how weight affects your perception.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to turbocharge your personal style with me, but haven’t done it because of time or budget? Now you can. It is with great pleasure that I announce the launch of the Turbocharge Your Personal Style Bootcamp! After months of developing this Bootcamp concept, I am now ready to introduce you to this great opportunity to work together.
What You Get Out of A Turbocharge Your Personal Image Bootcamp
Actually, Bootcamp participants want the same thing as my private clients: to significantly improve their presence by updating the way you look. The way the Bootcamp has been developed, you get to honor and celebrate exactly who you are. And with the added benefit of working with a small group of participants who share the same interests and desire the same kinds of outcomes, you will finally see yourself as your truly are, and be supported by others. Not only will you get a fresh vision of yourself, others will be able to reflect that back to you. One thing you can count on is that you’ll come away from this powerful weekend turbocharged to embody your essential qualities.
The weekend is very comprehensive.
• It all begins with a 1:1 personal assessment before the Bootcamp actually begins. You and I first clarify what you want to get out of the Bootcamp.
• Next, you will develop your personal style profile, which becomes the basis of all the work we will do.
• Then a team of top hairstylists will work with each of the participants to update your hairstyle.
• Once you start to see your updated self, we’ll delve into your mindsets about your image and shopping, and develop healthier thoughts and practices.
• From here on in, you are immersed into the shopping environment for some real “hands-on retail therapy.”
• You’ll learn best shopping practices that are meaningful to your image and style, put looks together, and present the outcome of your selections to me and to the group.
I want you to have the skills, knowledge, and mindset that allow you to manage your personal image with total confidence so that you’re not worried or afraid of what visual messages you’re conveying in social or business situations.
Why I Created The Turbocharge Your Personal Style Bootcamp
This Bootcamp is specifically for rising stars and others who might be restarting their careers, and whose time and resources are limited. Still, they have a strong desire to discover and reinvent their personal style, via a fast and affordable immersion into personal style transformation. This Bootcamp gives more people the opportunity to experience transformation in a way that is different from how clients work with me privately.
What Are The Differences Between the Bootcamp and Working Privately?
There are several differences between attending a Bootcamp weekend and working with me privately. Each has their distinct benefits.
• A Turbocharge Your Personal Style Bootcamp requires the commitment of just one weekend of your life plus a full month of follow-up that includes homework assignments and a mid-month conference call. In contrast, private clients work on their image development over the course of a full year. So during a Bootcamp, we accomplish in just a weekend what happens over the course of a number of months.
• Private clients don’t get to enjoy the opportunity of shopping in stores with me. In an effort to help manage their image development while minimizing their time commitment, I do all the shopping and present all of the possibilities to them. But at a Turbocharge Your Personal Image Bootcamp, you get to have the experience of being in a retail environment with me. You get to learn how to shop successfully so that you can retain this important skill and are able to have the experience on your own after the Bootcamp.
• Turbocharge Your Personal Image Bootcamp participants learn and experience their transformation in small groups of up to 6 participants. By experiencing image development in a small group, you witness and support the transformations of others, and you equally receive the same connection from your fellow Bootcamp participants.
Interested in learning more? Check out the complete details here. I’m so excited about this Turbocharge Your Personal Image Bootcamp, and look forward your participation.
Joseph Rosenfeld helps successful Silicon Valley entrepreneurs transform their self-confidence by improving their personal style. Get Joseph’s free report that helps you know which “7 Ways to Transform Your Personal Image” at josephrosenfeld.com.
It can’t come as any surprise to anyone who knows me, or regularly reads my blog that I’m anyone other than a social change agent packaged as an image consultant. My big hairy audacious goal is to be the go-to guy in Silicon Valley that successful high-profile people come to when they need someone to help them influence their image.
You’ll never guess what I did last weekend. My partner asked me to help him with his style. You could say that this falls into the category of when changing your style hits home. I found it to be very interesting that, after all the years we’ve been together, this has not ever come up.
The question about how to buy a men’s suit in Silicon Valley always comes up with my male clients. Admittedly, not every man in Silicon Valley even thinks he should own a suit. I’m not trying to encourage people who live a more laid back work and lifestyle to change how they work and live. But one thing is for sure. Every man should invest in at least one good suit. The more often a man has the need for a suit, the more of them he should own.
Many people think that image is fluff but they would be completely wrong. Now I know that what people think when they take on this view is that it’s selfishly self-focused to be image conscious. People think that image is fluff because it feeds the ego, that it’s a self-indulgent excuse to dress better, and to look like you’re showing off or that you’re trying to one-up someone else.
Silicon Valley style is due for change. We can’t keep ignoring our sartorial side. Consider these ten reasons why our style must evolve.
As a long time image consultant, who mostly works with Silicon Valley based entrepreneurs and executives, I’ve pondered the brouhaha that erupted this past week everywhere in the media, even in Paris where I’ve been visiting, when Facebook C.E.O. Mark Zuckerberg showed up wearing a hoodie to meet with Wall Street investment brokers.
Think about your visual appeal. Are you as appealing looking as an iPhone 4S?
There’s little doubt that when it comes to our technology toys, and even other high-end toys such as cars, design is all-important in making a purchasing decision. But what about your own personal visual design appeal? Is it as appealing to yourself, and to others, as it could be?